Monday, May 19, 2008

Contradictur - Prelude

Google this word: "contradictur".

When I did so this morning only 55 results emerged. Perhaps after posting this blog there will be 56 responses, but you will still get my drift if you find the number 55 is not accurate.

This simple Latin word, meaning "it is contradicted", may not be well-known given the lack of popularity seen through Google and Latin in general.

But like many of the greatest stories, phrases, and words, contradictur is a great gem in the history of this world. I am on a journey to grasp the full meaning of this word, and its place in this world. If you'd like, you can join me.

2 comments:

Tom B. said...

I'm game. Let's do it.

You know, Rockville is not so far off. I used to be a Montgomery County resident, and now live in Anne Arundel.

Peace in Christ,
Thos.

contrarian 78 said...

I never realized someone had read this, let alone commented! I'll be sure to put more thoughts on this matter.

Blessings on your journey in life,
Jonathan